[MPlayer-users] problem with a divx 5.0.1 pro encoded with seeking and framedropping

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Fri May 3 00:04:01 CEST 2002

Hello Michael,

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thursday 02 May 2002 21:17, Rik Snel wrote:
> > If I play this file with -framedrop, the image becomes distorted as if P
> > frames are being skipped. The results don't seem to depend on the vo
> > driver. Seeking doesn't seek to a keyframe. (older mplayer eg. 020427 works
> > fine)
> >
> > Please let me know if you can't reproduce.
> i cant, but i think it might have been caused by another bug i just fixed, so
> please check if its ok now
Yes, -framedrop works, thanks. The seeking problem, however, still exists
(mplayer 020427 also has the seeking problem, but not the -framedrop
problem). I have attached the output from mplayer (start playing, seek
+1min, error occurs).

Greetings,

Rik.

--------
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.