[MPlayer-users] AAC (using FAAD2) problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 3 01:57:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> 	Now that you're happily running SuSE (8.0?  I installed that on a
> 	test system the other day - nice release) have you found a supply
> 	of "free time" to look at the problem with AAC (libfaad2) audio?

i've just checked that file...

mplayer -dumpaudio doesn't coredumps, it's joke, look at the smiley...

but playing the dumped out AAC track i get:

root at arpi:/3a/MPlayer/incoming/!under_checking# faad stream.dump
FAAD (Freeware AAC Decoder) Compiled on: Mar 26 2002
Copyright:   M. Bakker
             http://www.audiocoding.com

Ate 0 Bytes on init!
Error: Gain control not yet implemented

the same works for othet .mp3 files i have.
so either your file is broken or uses an unsupported AAC feature?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team