[MPlayer-users] Small improvement for configure (0.90pre2)

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Fri May 3 12:53:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:16:30AM +0200, Arpi wrote:

> > I've checked a bit and some changes to the C code is required should we
> > want to replace DATA/LIBDIR by a variable as some string concatenation
> > is done ("/path/" "bar").
>
> hmm, i've done LIDIR change some time ago...
> now it does LIBDIR"mplayer/filename"

Yes but LIBDIR must be a '#define LIBDIR "/path/"'.

I was thinking of when the user make install prefix="/blah/" then some
#define is rewritten some small C file (containing a 'const char
*prefix="/blah/"') was generated && compiled and the app got relinked
with it prior to installing in /blah/.

This is not possible if some string concatenation a la
LIBDIR"mplayer/filename" is done within the core C files as they would
require recompilation.

Well... maybe that's just overkill indeed as configure --prefix=... does
what people want 8)

> it was required to get real lib path (/usr/local/lib) instead of
> app-specific lib path (/usr/local/lib/mplayer/)

But this path may not exist if the user has chosen to install it in
/usr/local/stow/mplayer/{lib,bin,dir,...}
(don't know exactly how stow works).

--
Best regards,
  pl