[MPlayer-users] AAC (using FAAD2) problem

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri May 3 18:49:01 CEST 2002

Hi!

> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
> hmm. interesting, so if faad can play it, it means my mov demuxer is
> buggy... anyway it's good news, as i can fix the demuxer :)

	Interesting indeed.   I was quite encouraged that the file was
	recognized - MPlayer knew it was AAC audio, MP4V video and so on
	but then it didn't play.

> i'll look at it

	Just in case the file was corrupted during transfer or something like
	that I have uploaded 'video2.mp4' and 'video2.txt' to MPlayer/incoming.

	I double checked that 'faad' plays the audio and 'mplayer -nosound'
	plays the video.   The .txt file is a script session showing the
	details.

	While the mpeg4ip creation tools are pretty good the player is, uh,
	less than great - thus my interest in MPlayer being able to do that
	job ;)

	Good Luck and Happy Bug Hunting!

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz