[MPlayer-users] MPEG playback changes since late Jan?

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sat May 4 00:31:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I often use mplayer on my tv box to playback mpeg2 captured off
DVB-T.  The captures are "off the air" - simply filtered for the right
PIDs and converted to a program stream.

The files likely have occasional errors due to reception.

But mplayer from end-Jan seems to play these files much better than the
current version.  Especially skipping back and forth in the file causes
lots of visible errors, and sometimes crashes mplayer.

Is there something significant that changed that I should look at?  (I
didn't yet diff with the old version).

Thanks,
Steve