[MPlayer-users] AC3 passthrough on SB Live! 5.1, audio skips

Frederik Klama fklama at f2s.com
Sat May 4 05:29:01 CEST 2002

I have got AC3 passthrough working with my SB Live! 5.1 card by using the
following options: -ao alsa9:iec958:AES0=0x87 -ac hwac3
The only problem is that while I do get AC3 passthrough I get skips in the
sound (could be rejected packes by the AC3 decoder or something else).
When using ac3dec supplied by alsa there are no such skips.
Is it possible to pass the AC3 to an external application for processing (like
ac3dec.
I suspect there is something wrong in the implementation of the AC3
passthrough, since it works perfectly with ac3dec.
Has anyone encountered something like this bevore ?
How could I try to fix this ?

Frederik Klama
--
Blessed are the pessimists, for they make backups!