[MPlayer-users] Poor DVD performance

Paul Eggleton paul at softec.co.nz
Sat May 4 11:07:02 CEST 2002

> Maybe time to dump nvidia and get a G400..

I had actually been thinking about this. But you can't buy G400 cards any
more, at least in NZ, only  G450 and G550 cards and they aren't very cheap.
It seems that most people having success with Matrox on Linux are using
G400s... are the newer cards just as good? What about ATI? Bear in mind that
I chose this particular GeForce2MX card because it was easy to set up with
X, and provides working TV output. I may also want 3D at some stage,
although for this machine movies are the main priority.

Any chance of the Dxr3 stuff being fixed any time soon?

- Paul