[MPlayer-users] Can't benchmark libmpeg2 codec

Brian J. Murrell 695406749c42b223bf80c40561592be2 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat May 4 19:06:01 CEST 2002

When I try to benchmark the libmpeg2 codec with something like:

$ mplayer -vo null -benchmark -nosound file.mpeg

MPlayer seems to want to use the passthrough codec rather than
libmpeg2.  So I try to force it with:

$ mplayer -vo null -vc libmpe2 -benchmark -nosound file.mpeg

and I get MPlayer barfing with:

Forced video codec: libmpeg2
Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x10000001 !
*** Try to upgrade /home/brian/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it's still not OK, then read DOCS/codecs.html!

So is it not possible at all to benchmark libmpeg2 and see how fast
that lib decodes mpeg files on my system?

Thanx,
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell