[MPlayer-users] playback problem on Toshiba laptop

Clayton Cornell c.cornell at chello.nl
Sun May 5 21:13:02 CEST 2002

Running into an interesting problem with video playback on a Toshiba 4010CDT
laptop.  Video Hardware:  Chips & Technologies HiQVideo 65555.  OS: SuSE
Linux8.0.

The problem is that when I try to play a video, it is split into 3 parts along
the top of the display.  Each of the 3 parts look like 1/3rd of the video
split along the interlace lines.  A window manager box is not drawn around
the video.  The video plays along at normal speed and the audio plays
normally.  The only way to stop the video is to hit Esc.  When MPlayer exits,
the display is not refreshed - the last frame remains (split into the 3 parts
across the top of the screen) until I manuall refresh the screen.

Any suggestions for where I went wrong, or for something I could try to get
MPlayer behaving normally?

C.