[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90pre3 problems + one feature request

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Mon May 6 11:07:01 CEST 2002

Developers would probably hate me but I found something again.... complete reports are in attachment, files on ftp

bug1: ffodivx crash)
	problem:

	mplayer bug1_crash.avi:
	  uses ffodivx codec as default one, it will show window and crash with segmentation fault

	mplayer bug1_crash.avi -vc odivx:
	  no problem

	file was originally named TheHunt.avi and was downloaded from www.divx.com (showcase), it is Divx5 video
    I uploaded file to fpt.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/bug1_ffodivx_crash.tar.bz2

bug2: mencoder video copy error)
	problem:

	original video plays well, it has mpeg4 video and pcm audio
	'mencoder -ovc copy original_video.avi' creates test.avi which is a bit smaller (compressed audio helps a bit)
	but it sux completely :-( just try to play it :-(

	if I use -oac copy it looks good, I think that compressed audio broke down something

	I use lame 3.92

    I uploaded file to fpt.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/bug2_mencoder_video_copy_error.tar.bz2

bug3: fsmode problem)
	problem:

	fsmode=1 doesn't work anymore? with 0.90pre2 and -fs option I got nice fullscreen,
	now WindowMaker panel is always on the top :-(

and one feature request...

I use mplayer --dumpstream to save streamed vide from http://www.immortal-productions.com/metalvideos.tv/asx_streams/behemoth_high.asx
it is always the same stream, it doesn't change when you try downlaod it again

would it be possible o chcek how much of stream was already downloaded and only continue (like wget does)?
I know this feature suits more wget then mplayer, but I don't know any other possibility to save streamned videos