[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crashes X when viewing sample

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Mon May 6 17:24:01 CEST 2002

Hi, me again

I've had this problem for a LONG time, and i just want to know if others
experience it aswell so I can file yet a nother bug report.

I uploaded a sample into ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/Silverchair*.avi

whenever I play this using -vo xv (my default) it crashes my entire X
session. When I start X again, i can see my last 'buffer' (my voodoo3
keeps it's memory so when starting X it always shows the last contence
for a few seconds, this is really nice to see howfar it got) and i can
see it started to play.

The reason why i first want to know if others have this problem aswell
is, because I blame my voodoo in combination with xv rather then
mplayer. If i'm not alone, it's obvious why it crashes and i can file a
proper bugreport.

oliver