[MPlayer-users] Poor DVD performance

Pavel Rybin pr254 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 6 21:47:02 CEST 2002

> > I use -vo sdl, and am very satisfied with the results (plain xv has a few
> > usability problems, I find). With libavcodec, mplayer's cpu usage rarely
> > goe s
> > above 10% (Geforce2 MX, 900MHz Athlon). Now if only libavcodec would do
> > post-processing and direct rendering HINT HINT :)
>
> there is postprocess and partial dr too RTFM RTFM :)

Postprocessing? Must have been added in the last few days then, as the CVS
snapshot I have from 3 days ago definitely says something like "Sorry,
postprocessing is not available". Actually, I suspect that since it's such a
new feature, the manual hasn't been updated yet.
i.e. I WIN! NA NA NA NA NA!
:)))))))

OK, off to compile a new snapshot then :)

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Cheers,
Pav