[MPlayer-users] mencoder - Support for OSS cards as audio input?

Francois Botha fbotha at itouch.co.za
Tue May 7 00:30:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've been RTFM'ing but cant find what im looking for. I have a old bt848
framegrabber, the same machine has a seperate, fully supported soundcard. I
would like to mix the composite1 of my framegrabber with the line-in of my
soundcard. Is there any way I can do this with this framegrabber that does
not have any sound input support? Are there any plans for this "support" in
MPlayer?

A option seems to be to encode the audio seperately and hand it to mencoder
as a raw PCM file to mix with, but im scared of a/v syncing issues. Any
ideas?

Thanks for a funky playe/encoder!
Regards,
FB