[MPlayer-users] DivX and DXR3 Aspect Ratio

Michael Halcrow mah69 at email.byu.edu
Tue May 7 01:48:01 CEST 2002

DivX .avi files play on my television vertically stretched; the aspect
ratio is wrong. This is not a problem when I use the Xv video output
driver to my monitor. The DXR3 driver output when I play gives either
"16:9" or "4:3" (if I force it) aspect ratio's, neither of which are
correct. Is there anything I can do to get the correct aspect ratio, or
will I have to decode the DivX file into MPEG-2 ahead of time?

Michael Halcrow                                | mhalcrow at ee.byu.edu
Research Assistant, Network Security Lab       | Dept. of Comp. Science
                                               | Brigham Young University
Where did you want to go yesterday?            |