[MPlayer-users] compiling with dvdnav support - improvement to configure?

Georgi Georgiev chutz at chubaka.homeip.net
Tue May 7 09:08:02 CEST 2002

I have dvdnav installed as follows:

[chutz at thunder main]$ dvdnav-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/dvdnav
[chutz at thunder main]$ dvdnav-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -ldvdnav -ldvdread -lpthread
[chutz at thunder main]$

However, doing a simple ./configure of mplayer does not detect the availability of dvdnav. I have to do ./configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/local/include/dvdnav. Shouldn't the configure script be adjusted so that it uses the `dvdnav-config' just the way it uses `gtk-config'?

Not that it hurts to do it the way I am doing it now.... I was simply thinking in terms of improvement.

--
Chutz <chutz at chubaka.homeip.net>