[MPlayer-users] My experience with Maxtor 160GB, LVM, XFS

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Tue May 7 17:44:02 CEST 2002

"Brian J. Murrell" wrote:

> I would guess a lot more don't have them installed.
I'm limited to a Promise Ultra 100TX4 w/ 4x60GB ...

> But it is good to know that there are controllers that have issues so
> that those of us that have them can look out for the problems.
I've got another question: how much slower is LVM compared to plain sw
RAID5 ?

I'm going to buy an AMD Athlon 900... Hope it can act as a fileserver
AND acquire videos (from a bt848)...

> > Or a C64 with only a 5.25 floppy ? :-)
Mytical 1541... I had the 1581, too... 3.5", 800K partitionable !
> Or a VIC20 with the little cassette recorder?  :-)
I'm here ! :-) And still think GEOS was better than windoze O:-)

BYtE,
 Diego.