[MPlayer-users] Trashed screens with WindowMaker

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Tue May 7 19:18:01 CEST 2002

Hello all.

I remember I read a solution some time ago, but I couldn't find it again
(both in the docs and in this ml) :-(

Basically, I'm using WM with 4 desktops. But when I play a movie
(usually in fullscreen, using xvidix) the bottom of the third desktop is
trashed, and sometimes some GUI parts are, too.
IIRC, I had to reduce the video memory used by XFree, so I tried it
(obviously with no luck, even after reducing it to only 4 megs).
I don't think mplayer -v output can be useful, in this case...
The video chipset is a Rage Moblility, and the "bug" appears with many
mplayer versions... Seems it overwrites the memory used by WM to cache
images...
Any hint ?

Tks,
 Diego.