[MPlayer-users] Mplayer sound as user

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed May 8 21:57:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 09:43:45PM +0200, Almighty wrote:
> Hi !
>
> When I'm logged in as root and run Mplayer i do have sound.
> But if I run Mplayer as a normal user i don't have any sound.
> Does anyone know what could be wrong and what to do??

Please note that this is not Linux support list, it's an mplayer related
list. If you can't use your Linux system it's not our fault.
Hint: you have not rights to access sound devices in /dev as a regular
user, or something similar, but it's a general fault of you, not mplayer
related problem.

- Gábor