[MPlayer-users] Re: fs problem, WMP playback problem

Ross Lippert ripper at eskimo.com
Thu May 9 02:35:02 CEST 2002

OK, it looks like libavcodec was taken out for a reason, so I won't
question it.

I have 3 testfiles, mpeg1video, mpeg4, msmpeg4 encodings of the same file,
which were encoded with pre2.

All fs problems have gone away as far as I can tell, on -vo x11, but
I can't get -vo xv to work like it used to.

mpeg1video:
first round on playback is fine.  Second round produces no video (but
sound) and I get
@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@ 1%  0%  1.0% 0 0 0%
@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@

a whole lot.

mpeg4:
Totally trippy, with green tracers and different scenes mixing with
each other in a psychedelic collage.  I hope this becomes a command line
option in the future, because its really fun to watch.  However, it
is bad to do this by default.  Also, while it was playing thusly, I
could get it to crash badly by randomly flipping back and forth with
the arrows.

msmpeg4:
Plays back fine.  no fs problem that I can tell.

I'll keep playing with it and see if I can get a reproducible bug, and
a gdb dump.

-r