[MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

jasonrc at gomdoli.com jasonrc at gomdoli.com
Thu May 9 03:55:03 CEST 2002

On Thu, 09 May 2002, Arpi wrote:
> you mean that developers should not read this list? yea you may be right,
> and many of teh developers don't read this. probably the last ones -
> including me -s hould leave, but wonder who will answer those not-so-silly
> questions (appearing sometimes) then? you will?

Actually, I would prefer if you stayed. I agree with your points that
people don't always right intelegent questions, but wouldn't it be
better to give a place for those types of questions? If someone feels
that there questions aren't helped there, then they will learn to write
better questions. However, since some people may not catch on, give them
a place to hold each others hands. I'm guessing that a newbie-specific
list will keep less intelegent questions off this list, which I believe
is what you wanted. Besides, while your post reaches those of us on this
list right now, the newbie who joins tomorrow may never see it. However,
the newbie is much more likely to go straight to a newbie list with
there initial questions.

jason