[MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

WK sprawki at wp.pl
Thu May 9 16:54:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Felix von Leitner" <leitner at convergence.de>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

> Thus spake jasonrc at gomdoli.com (jasonrc at gomdoli.com):
> > Why not create a different list for these types of questions.
>
> Wow, now _that_ I call a novel approach!
> Something that has _never_ been tried before!  *Doh*
>
> Jason, every single newsgroup or mailing list has at least once
> considered doing this.  Some of them have done it.  It failed to work in
> every single case.  Message just get cross posted to all lists where
> there might conceivable be people who can help.
>
> Egotistic assholes who value their 2 minutes of time it takes to read
> the documentation more than the collective 2 hours of time it takes
> everyone to read and delete their plea for help per definition don't
> give a shit about how many people's time they waste.
>
> So forget it already.
>
> Just install some bounce mechanism that makes every submission reply to
> guarantee that they did read the documentation.  And even that will not
> help, because those dumbasses usually actually believe they did
> everything they could.  And they automatically click yes in dialog boxes
> with error messages, claim it worked yesterday and of course they didn't
> change anything.
I agree. But:
So, gents.
I know - that's not irc.
But, is that just USERS list?.
I'm user, not programmer - I read docs. When its in polish or english I
understand same.
NOT ALL. Mailing list I read generally.
Two times I send few questions (I hoped that other USER may know a solution)
and receive no answers. And I don't scream. I see also header "first
read...".
So, if you see some stupid or naive question igrore that.