[MPlayer-users] Re: -fs -zoom works now, mpeg1 and co libavcodec don't

Ross Lippert ripper at eskimo.com
Thu May 9 19:01:01 CEST 2002

>> Or, depending on what "separated" means it mean that I should
>> $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co libavcodec
>> is that what it means?
>
>Well... from the same README:
>
>cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
>cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg/l\
>ibavcodec
>
>Just need to read _everything_
>
>                Attila Kinali

I read it all the first time.  The text of the readme makes it sound
like mplayerhq is maintaining a version in their cvs, but that the
user is encouraged to instead use the one at ffmpeg.

Its a moot point though if you think your phrasing of it is correct.
As long as I know that this README is written wrong and that what you
really meant is that one must get libavcodec from ffmpeg and not try
to check it out from anywhere at mplayerhq, I know what I'm supposed
to do and it won't bother me.

-r