[MPlayer-users] Attention: Ross Lippert and Attila

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Thu May 9 21:49:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Ross Lippert wrote:

> Here here.  That's less confusing.  It is still a bit vague about
> just what dirs where to copy.  Perhaps a line like
>    cp -r ffmpeg/libavcodec mplayer/main
> or
>    cp ffmpeg/libavcodec/* mplayer/main/libavcodec
>    cp ffmpeg/libavcodec/i386/* mplayer/main/libavcodec/i386
>
> and forget about trying to say the same thing in imprecise words.

Since only libavcodec is being checked out, this one command will do the
job:

cp -rf libavcodec/* main/libavcodec/

But it may add to the confusion instead of reducing confusion bcos
different people will have their libavcodec (from ffmeg) and main (from
mplayer) in different locations. My solution assumes both main and
libavcodec have the same parent directory but what if thats not true for
another user ?

thanks
- Nil