[MPlayer-users] Mencoder cropping/cutting

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri May 10 03:08:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

my apologies if I'm overlooking something in the documentation (I have
looked), but is it possible to crop and/or cut the video before encoding
using mencoder?

Firstly there is the issue of letterboxing as usual. Then, on my TNG
DVD:s, there's a black area to the left of the otherwise full-frame
picture (I want it removed).

It does say in the mencoder manpage that 'You can use MPlayer's video
filters, so scale, crop, expand, flip, etc.', but I haven't found out
how.

Thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org