[MPlayer-users] -(hard)framedrop not working with no sound

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Fri May 10 20:02:01 CEST 2002

Attila Kinali wrote:
> If your pc is so slow that it even cant play movies w/o sound
> w/o framedrop, than you should think about getting a better pc :)
> I use a quite low end system (pII 400) but can watch most
> movies w/o framedrop, so i guess you have a pI 200 or something.

I have a pI 133, which won't play a lot of files (mostly divx - it's OK
with the movies on enhanced CDs) at the right speed.  If, like me, you
don't want to splash out on hardware, then use mencoder to re-encode it
with lower bitrate (I normally use 200kbs), framerate(10fps), picture
size(320x240).  Also consider recompiling your display drivers - I
recompiled svgalib with pentium optimizations, and now when I use -dr ,
I can play 250+kbs divx w/o framedropping.

Glyn

glyn.kennington at hertford.ox.ac.uk

There are pavements on New Inn Hall Street.  Down both sides, in fact.