[MPlayer-users] Floating Point exception using 2 pass encode with Libavcodec

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat May 11 11:42:02 CEST 2002

On 11 May 2002 00:30:39 +0100
Mike Albon <mikea at yuri.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Both Woody and Sid seem to use 2.95.4, in fact the same version as 3 of
> my machines have it on. I could compile under potato on a different
> machine but I would prefer not too. According to the Gnu GCC webpage
> (just checked it) the latest release was 2.95.3 in that series. I have a
> feeling if it was a 2.96 type of issue it would have been picked up by
> now as many debian boxen run this code.

The 2.95.4 is a pure debian thing, it's a patched 2.95.3, 'cause
it had some nasty bugs which could in some rare cases produce wrong
code. It's nothing like 2.96 as they didnt pick a alpha version.
Basicaly it doesnt matter whether you use 2.95.3 or 2.95.4
(3.x should work too, as we didnt hear about any 3.x bugs lately)

		Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.