[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Can't play DVDs with ffmpeg12

Carlos Laviola carlos at laviola.org
Sun May 12 00:09:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 05:33:33PM -0400, Luke Harrison wrote:
> Please stop being an so arrogant, and if you actaully read
> bugreports.html you'd know that you have compile mplayer
> with-enable-debug=3....

This is what the documentation says:

How to conserve information about a reproducible crash

Re-compile mplayer with debugging code enabled:

./configure --enable-debug=3
make

And this is what I have done.  If YOU had read bugreports.html, YOU
would know that.  Now, if the documentation is misleading, that is not
my fault, but I can fix it anyway.

> The reason people get upset and speak harshly is cause people like you
> don't read the documentation and don't even read the output etc. they
> post to the list..

I think the reason the users get upset too is because they are trying to
help mplayer be as complete and reliable as possible, but are told to
read the fucking misleading documentation.  You don't need to treat
everyone that posts on the list as an UNIX moron, because you might get
schooled by them.

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _   icq -> bad -|- jabber -> good
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_|  Support Scientology! http://xenu.net