[MPlayer-users] swScale_MMX2 bug ?

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Sun May 12 18:52:02 CEST 2002

Using latest CVS. While running mplayer with '-vo x11 -fs -zoom', I was
repeatedly pressing f and mplayer was switching between non-fullscreen and
fullscreen mode just fine till at one point it segfaulted with this error
message:

[x11] NET style stay on top ( layer 1 ).  206/206  17% 75%  1.3% 199 0 0%
mplayer: swscale_template.c:2715: swScale_MMX2: Assertion `lastInLumBuf +
1 - srcSliceY >= 0' failed.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen. It can be a bug in the MPlayer
code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc version. If you think it's
MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html and follow instructions
there. We can't and won't help unless you provide these informations when
reporting a possible bug.

*** free_stream() called ***
vo: uninit ...

This happenned only _once_ (I am yet to reproduce this) so I have no
gdb output. But I thought I should report it anyway if it helps in finding
a bug.
BTW, mplayer says this:

CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD  max cpuid level: 1
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron SF Spitfire (Type: 6, Stepping: 1)
extended cpuid-level: 6
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with features: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx

which means I do have MMX2 enabled.

thanks
- Nil