[MPlayer-users] TIVO simulator

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon May 13 10:02:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Chris Phillips wrote:

> > Well - mencoder doesn't do sound, so for now anyway you'll want a
> > different capture program.  I like mpeg1 - mp1e, ffmpeg, FFMPEGrec are
> > candidates.  I've used the first and last with success.
>
> where do you get mpegencoder from? i've searched and searched....

Sorry - that was a generic name...

Two work well for me:

First, mp1e - which you will find within the CVS tree of "zapping" on
sourceforge.

Secondly, FFMPEGrec - which is a version of NVrec that uses the ffmpeg
library for mpeg encoding.  This one dynamically warps the audio captured
to make sure audio sync stays perfect.  NVrec is at
www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/v4l2/, ffmpeg library is on sourceforge as
ffmpeg.

Regards,
Steve