[MPlayer-users] Bug report on MPlayer 0.90pre3 issues with FreeBSD.

Dan Naumov jago at telefragged.com
Mon May 13 17:17:01 CEST 2002

> It needs libavcodec which isn't in CVS although packaged with releases (if
> I understood well). Get it from ffmpeg CVS, copy it in mplayer's source
> directory and it should be ok.

That solved the problem. The CVS snapshot I used was indeed missing libavcodec. After following the instructions found on the MPlayer page and recompiling MPlayer, the "Farscape" DiVX5 video worked fine. However, I still think the lack of libavcodec should not cause a crash with signal 11, some error message with a brief explanation of why the video doesn't work would be very nice :)

The "hanging pause" bug is still not fixed in the latest CVS though :/

Sincerely,
Dan Naumov