[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: X11 fullscreen fixed ?

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Mon May 13 21:04:02 CEST 2002

With pleasure. I use ALWAYS icewm and have NEVER had a problem with
MPlayer, as the only problem that I hear about is the same for every
other application: the taskbar. From longtime ago, I hide my taskbar,
always placed at the top of the screen. Moreover, I have modified a
"theme" from the many existing for IceWM, in such a way that everything
is black, so the border of this (very nice) taskbar can't be seen. Apart
from that, if using VESA or DGA, there is no possibility to see any
taskbar, nor any other thing.
To modify any theme the only thing to do is to go to its directory in:
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icewm/themes/...
and edit the file "default.theme" changing colors, fonts, pixmap...and
so on.
Usually in /home there will be a directory ".icewm" and inside a file
"preferences" where there is a lot of things that can be selected;
between those, the "hiding of the taskbar" (also called toolbar to put
the icons for launching the applications).
Summarizing, no problem of any kind and a lot of memory free and quick
answer if one calls MPlayer... :-)

Have a good time