[MPlayer-users] about the mms:// support/problems Fwd: Re: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] in mms support

Georgi Georgiev chutz at chubaka.homeip.net
Tue May 14 13:35:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:03:30AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> MMSU stand for MMS over UDP, the trouble with this
> protocol is it only work for external IP people, firewall, NAT
> and other gateway will drop the incoming UDP packets.

Hm, I am DNAT-ing ports 7070 and 7071 UDP from my router to my workstation. RealPlayer seemed to be using them... no problems.
Maybe the mms protocol is a bit different, just like the problems I had with ohphone (from openh323.org) because the IP address was exchanged during the communication and no NAT-ing could do the trick. Cannot test though - Linux only.

--
Chutz <chutz at chubaka.homeip.net>