[MPlayer-users] SuperBit DVD

Nix N. Nix nix at go-nix.ca
Wed May 15 09:23:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 16:48, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > MPlayer "make install" ignores the "--prefix=<prefix>" switch?  Why ?
> because it's not automake stuff
> nowhere is written that a Makefile should honor --prefix
> it's a feature of automake only, but we don't like automake

Why do you use it then ? :o)

> use --prefix at ./configure

Right, use --prefix only to have the Makefile ignore it completely and
put the xvidix so-s wherever it wants to anyway.  Is that what you mean
?  I /am/ using --prefix and it works /almost/ perfectly.

> > When I say I want mplayer in some specific dir, I do so with good
> > reason.  Since when does a shell script know better than a human ?
> makefile is not shell script

Whatever it is, it should not ignore my choices.  Why can, say, wine
install it's shared libs in <prefix>/lib and not mplayer ?

> > VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x
> > (rev 64)
> >
> > I'm wondering:  Does anybody happen to know what chipset this card has
> > ?  Is it mach64 ?  Rage128 ?  What is it ?
>
> it's mach64
> send lspci -vvv

Thanks.

P.S.:
Anyway, this is getting off-topic.  I'm sure you guys will figure out a
way of making the install process handle the xvidix libs properly.
Thanks for all the info.