[MPlayer-users] Mencoder and oggvorbis /ogm

steffen stef22 at gmx.de
Wed May 15 11:14:02 CEST 2002

Hi there!

Since I've read the list now for a while , I have some questions

Is it right , that Mplayer plays .ogm files? Does mplayer use the OggDS
filter or is it done bye some own code ? ( interesting because of chaptering
support and in-stream subtitles)

Can I compress audio to other formats than mp3? (aac/oggvorbis?)

Are there plans to make it possible to mux to ogm (better a/v synchronity) or
to integrate some mpeg4ip stuff (muxing to generic mpeg4) stuff?

I'm interested in that , because oggvorbis/aac does or should in near future
be able to compress to multichannel output , and create vcd-like cd's with
mpeg4-compressed video should be possible with ogm or generic mpeg4 streams.
(MCF-CD project)

Hmmm i could install win to generate some cd's for testin', but maybe
somebody does this already

And a lot of thanx to the developer team of mplayer, great work !!!!!!!

Greats

ixi