[MPlayer-users] editing a ripped dvd

Jason Radford jradford at iconimaging.net
Wed May 15 17:02:02 CEST 2002

I want to see if anyone knows of a way to take selected cuts from a
dvd that's been encoded in divx with mencoder.  I've tried vbr which
virtdub didnt like, so I re-encoded with cbr values and it still thought
the movie was using vbr.  It would let me cut out pieces of it,
but either there would be no audio or it would be wildly out of
sync.

What I need to do is selectivly pull out 1-2 minutes from various
places of a dvd to put into a presentation as seperate files played
at certain times, any ideas on how I can do this?

THanks

-Jason