[MPlayer-users] SuperBit DVD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed May 15 22:54:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I don't understand how this works for most people, since, for most
> people the vidix libs will end up in /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix.  So,
> unless the install target appends /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix to
> /etc/ld.so.conf, the vidix libs won't be seen. Plus, /usr/local/lib is
nope
vidix drivers are searched there. it doesn't have to eb in ld.so path.
they are opened wiht pathname by teh vidix core.

> Plus, /usr/local/lib is
> not in ld.so.conf by default on RedHat.
it is a problem, a big problem, a big problem of redhat.
i wonder if any other apps installed from source there will work...

> BTW:  I tried "make --i-want-a-beer" - with wine.  It didn't ignore my
> choice, but told me "make: unrecognized option `--i-want-a-beer'".

i tried your --prefix stuff:

root at arpi:/demo/mplayer/main# make --prefix=/xyz
make: unrecognized option --prefix=/xyz'

so...?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team