[MPlayer-users] editing a ripped dvd

Matthieu Weber mweber at mit.jyu.fi
Thu May 16 07:38:01 CEST 2002

Le Wed 15/05/2002 à 03:55:22PM +0100, Chris Phillips écrivait:
> > What I need to do is selectivly pull out 1-2 minutes from various
> > places of a dvd to put into a presentation as seperate files played
> > at certain times, any ideas on how I can do this?
>
> mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -ss startseconds -endpos lengthofclip
> original.avi -o clip.avi

But this only give 1 second granularity. AFAIK, it is not possible to
cut the divx stream on a frame which is not a keyframe. Would it be
possible to recode a couple of seconds around the desired cutting point
in MJPEG, which would allow to cut from a given frame, and then to
recode into divx the remaining MJPEG frames ? Is it a really bad idea ?
Awful to implement ? Or is it possible ?

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : mweber at mit.jyu.fi                  ( ? )