[MPlayer-users] sb live 5.1/surround sound

Marius David marius at rohost.com
Thu May 16 11:06:01 CEST 2002

I have just bought a sblive 5.1 card and after a day of
{testing/reading} i still can't have decent ac3 sound on my analog
speakers. I have a52 audio codec, latest alsa9 drivers from CVS, and
MPlayer-0.90pre4. If I play a .vob file with -ao oss and -channels 6 it
plays only 2 channels, if I try -ao alsa9:surround51 and -channels 6 it
plays all 6 channels but with very ugly noise. I extracted the ac3 track
from the .vob file and played it with ac3dec from alsa and it's sounds
great. I understood that alsa output with mplayer is not so well
supported so my question is, how can I get 6 channels output with -ao
oss ?

Thanks,
Marius David