[MPlayer-users] Cropping/expanding: Getting rid of black bands

Marius Kjeldahl marius at kjeldahl.net
Thu May 16 23:21:02 CEST 2002

I've got my 16:9 widescreen TV, and was looking forward to getting full-screen
(without black bands on the top and bottom of the picture), and was hoping the
cropping features of MPlayer could help me do this.

I've played around with the latest autocrop and other settings using the crop
parameter, but it seems no matter what I do I can not get the image to expand
vertically.

There seems to be little documentation about how this is supposed to work, so
if anybody with a clue could enlighten me on how to get rid of the black
bands, I would really appreciate it. Real-time would be preferrable, but I can
pre-process I have to.

Thanks in advance,

Marius K.