[MPlayer-users] CygWIN questions for USERS

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri May 17 22:25:01 CEST 2002

I don't have physical access to a Linux machine at work, so I am trying to use MPlayer in CygWIN on my WinNT4 machine with the latest CygWIN and have been having little luck.

I have CVS of MPlayer, ffmpeg and SDL, compile stops in ao_mpegpes.c with configure --disable-gl --disable-win32.  Works fine if I add --disable-sdl.
I have removed -mno-cygwin from the CFLAGS, no change.
Has anyone (read: USERS) been able to get SDL to work with MPlayer under CygWIN?
X11 output works, all SDL test apps work.

System info (all is installed through CygWIN
CPU: P3 Coppermine
gcc: 2.95.3
as:  2.11.92
CygWIN: 2.218.2.6
X11: 4.2.0

Any help is appreciated.  If not, no worries, I'm still looking myself :)

/S. Smith