[MPlayer-users] Bad news for RedHat 7.3 users

Rob Wallace rwallace at videotron.ca
Sun May 19 03:50:15 CEST 2002

As Hetz suggested, I downloaded RH kernel 2.4.18-4. I get the same bad
performance. I'm surprised no one else is having this problem?? I've also
tried the RH 2.4.18 kernel on a Dell Latitude C610 laptop (new) and it has
the same problem.

I'm playing DVD movies using CSS if that matters... The poor performance is
probably not noticeable from the average mpeg or avi file.

The only thing that seems to fix the problem is a clean 2.4.18 kernel - although
I would like to have the nice patches and fixes from RH.

/--------
/
oh?? and did you upgrade to kernel 2.4.18-4?

You downloaded kernel 2.4.18 - which is so far away from Redhat's 2.4.18 (RH
got inside their 2.4.18 tons of patches, including low latency, USB 2.0, and
tons of other fixes - I use it daily and I use mplayer daily - no problems
here...)

Hetz