[MPlayer-users] mencoder bug reporting question

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 20 15:06:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I am preparing a complete bugreport regarding a visual artifact glitch
> that is reproducible (under certain conditions) when encoding with
> libavcodec and then playing back with the DivX 5 library (under both
> Linux and Windows).

hmm. is your video width/height divisable by 16 ?
there was similar report recently, and turned out that divx5 doesn't like
w/h % 16 != 0 case, at least handle it different way than libavcodec

> For this report, what mencoder verbosity level should I use (how many
> -v's)? Bugreports.html doesn't say, and I don't know what level would be

single -v should eb enough
usually more than one -v only work when compiled with MP_DEBUG defined, it's
for the developers. -v give enough info about the running environment
(ao/vo/codecs selected, options, runtime detections, file properties etc)

> When I write the complete report, I will of course provide sample
> videos, including the original stream.dump from which they can be derived.

yep, sample is needed, we have to be able to reproduce the bug

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team