[MPlayer-users] pentium200mmx,32megs,voodoo rush

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 20 22:19:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > Banshee is supported by the tdfxfb.o in 2.4 kernels, AFAIK...
> > So i assume MPlayer's vo_tdfxfb will support it.
>
> Voodoo Rush != banshee
> voodoo rush is based on voodoo1 core together with 2D functions, iirc,
> so I doubt that tdfxfb will work, tdfxfb is for voodoo3/4/5 and banshee only

there is Glide for linux, supporting voodoo 1/2.
you can either try -vo gl2 with mesa (compiled with glide support),
or implement a native glide-based driver for it (maybe -vo 3dfx is that,
i've never seen it working, and it's outdated code, but more than nothing)

or, unless you're a braindamaged hardcore hacker, drop it and buy a cheap
ati mach64 card. they are supported by vidix.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team