[MPlayer-users] Another A-V sync problem

Madis Priilinn mpriilinn at hot.ee
Tue May 21 11:07:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

 I've got one movie which is *.avi file. Its A-V is out of sync playing
with mplayer but in strange way - the first half (about 50 min) is
in sync, then the audio goes a bit ahead. When I use -delay then
it's the opposite - the first half is a bit out of sync but the rest is
then OK. Then again - aviplay has no problems, the whole movie is in sync.
With both, mplayer and aviplay, I only seeked in file, I haven't watched
it from start to the end yet. Then I tried this too - I cut out a piece
from original file where mplayer goes out of sync
(without -delay) and I did it with mencoder. The new file was same - out
of sync with mplayer, but in sync with aviplay. So far I've always
have got sync with -ni, but with this file I've tried -nobps and -mc 0 too, but
nothing. I've tried with pre4 and 20020521 snapshot. Since I wasn't sure if
this kind of problem has been reported already, I didn't upload that
sample file yet. Should I?

Thanks,
Madis