[MPlayer-users] prologic sound

José M. Fandiño ati-aiw at fadesa.es
Tue May 21 12:03:01 CEST 2002

Hello friends,

First of all I have to say that mplayer is really great, thanks. :)

Now, I'm trying to know how I can use mplayer for generating a Dolby
ProLogic sound from a DVD (AC3). Revising the archives I haven't
found any commentary about this. :(

If I can remember well, for a Prologic sound the expected output signal
is:

L=Left+0.707Center+0.707Surround
R=Right+0.707Center-0.707Surround

where the left channel is the left channel itself plus 70.7 percent of
the center channel plus 70.7 percent of the surround channel and the
right channel is the same but inverting the phase of the surround channel.

Please Note that Dolby prologic is encoded into two channels, so
'-aop list=surround'  did't work for me because mplayer try use four
channels.

is there any way of making this work??
thanks you.