[MPlayer-users] Re: Not a Bug! kernel 2.4.18

Ivo Särak ivo at ra.vendomar.ee
Thu May 23 17:36:01 CEST 2002

Earlier I confirmed a lockup problem:

 > I use a latest (2.4.18-4) kernel from RedHat 7.3 (graphics 16MB ATI Rage
128) and can not run mplayer 0.90pre3/0.90pre4 at all, as
 > running it with -vo x11, -vo xv, -vo sdl or whatever -vo switch will
hardlock X . Only possible solution is to telnet/ssh to this box and reboot
 > it.
 >
 > Somehow I think it is not a mplayer problem because noatun will bring X
down as well...

And as I found out (as suspected) it is not a mplayer problem - DRI was.
After disabling of DRI I get no lockups.

Hopefully it will help someone, too.

Ivo Särak.