[MPlayer-users] 2 segmentation faults

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Fri May 24 09:22:02 CEST 2002

> Message: 6
> From: "Sascha Sommer" <saschasommer at freenet.de>
> To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] 2 segmentation faults
> Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 00:18:16 +0200

> > On 2002.05.23 10:44 Sascha Sommer wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sascha
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I get another segmentation fault, playing a huffyuv compressed
> > > avi with -framedrop. This time with -vo x11 and -vo sdl
> > >

> > > (gdb) run -v -vo x11 -framedrop huffyuv.avi
> > > Starting program: /root/main/mplayer -v -vo x11 -framedrop huffyuv.avi
> > > [New Thread 1024 (LWP 12275)]
> > >

> > > MPlayer CVS-020523-09:42-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see
> > > DOCS!)
> > >
> > [...]
> >
> > Does it work with the native HuffYUV decoder (-vc mphuffyuv)?
> >

> > > S. Sommer
> >
> > Ciao,
> >   Roberto

> Yes it does.
> P.S. Thank you for your native implementation
>
> S. Sommer

I have something similar

I have HuffYUV compressed video, 640x480, 30fps, about 600MB long.
When I try to play it with windows codec I get the same segmentation fault
Video was compressed with RGB->YUV option

When I play it with native codec its all damaged and after while it ends with 'maybe
you play non-interleaved stream'. When I add -ni result is the same...

I will send proper bugreport when I will make my computer run (... I must buy new
keyboard, didn't survived major coca cola attack :-( )