[MPlayer-users] AVI not displayed correctly (worked in 0.60)

wieserw at informatik.uni-muenchen.de wieserw at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri May 24 22:45:01 CEST 2002

Hi all,

Using mplayer-0.90pre4, I experience strange image
dissortions (or what shall I call them?) on an AVI file which
gets played without problems using mplayer-0.60.

I am using:

gcc-3.0.5, XFree86-4.2.99.1, linux-2.4.18 / AthlonXP.

The following files were uploaded to incoming/worm directory on the
mplayer FTP:
- worm.avi.gz
  1 second AVI file (it's an uncompressed AVI, so I gziped it)
- worm-mplayer-0.6.png
  how it should look like (and does with mplayer-0.60)
- worm-mplayer-0.9pre4.png
  how it does look like with mplayer-0.90pre4

Please check if you can verify the bug using
mplayer -loop 0 -vo XXX -fps 5 worm.avi

The problem seems to be idependent of the -vo value, I am using
"xv" normally (GeForce2 MX) but for the screen shot I obviously
used "x11" and also "gl" shows it.

- The problem does not go away for longer films and the 1 second
  is enough to see it.
- The probles does not disappear when disabling all optimizations
  on the command line to the configure script (mmx,...,fast memcpy)

You can get all information you need, but please first verify
if you can reproduce the problem before I start dumping configure
logs and stuff like that.

Regards,
W.Wieser