[MPlayer-users] clear console in fbdev mode

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun May 26 23:50:03 CEST 2002

Dominique Rousseau writes:

 > I'm using mplayer to play movies on fbdev (using vidix/mach64_vid)
 >
 > It works really well, but when the file doesn't cover the whole screen,
 > there are mplayer start message and such that remain.
 >
 > I tried the -quiet option, but that doesn't change much.
 >
 > Is there a way of getting the screen blank before starting the play ?
 >
 > Thanks for your advices :)

Put something like this in a script (not tested, I do not have a
machine with mplayer right now...) and then call it with 'script
moviename':

#/bin/sh

setterm -cursor off
clear
mplayer $1 > /dev/null 2>&1
setterm -cursor on

Hope this helps.

This has been on my wishlist for some time.  MPlayer should do this on
its own, IMHO.

Diego