[MPlayer-users] Problem with sound

Georg Prager georg.prager at wing.at
Wed May 29 15:53:02 CEST 2002

> > 'mplayer -vo sdl -nosound test.avi' works, the video is playing fine,
> > but with 'mplayer -vo sdl -ao oss test.avi' the video is moving jerkily.
>
> What with -ao sdl ?
> `mplayer -vo sdl -ao sdl' is able to play Divx files fluently, as long as
> they aren't more than 512px wide, on my Lombard (G3 333).

-ao sdl works sometimes. If it works I can watch the video pretty fine.
Sometimes it won't work. This happens mostly if I switch to fullscreen. Then
video and audio hangs up, until I press quit (q). While v/a is frozen, I can
move backward and forward with <- and ->, and mplayer shows the new picture,
where I jumped.(v/a is again frozen).

BTW, which soundcard driver do you use? Probably Arpi is right, and my driver
doesn't work correctly.

Georg